Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cake Pops!

Posted by - Anuja @ http://simple-baking.blogspot.in/

I have been thinking of making these for some time now but somehow couldn't get around actually making them. Then Rena from Have the Cake posted her March challenge....ta da.. Cake Pops! It was a sign..I have to give it a try. This is a very simple ‘how-to’ for making them, I am in no way an expert and will gladly leave that title to Bakerella!



Basically to make cake pops you need to make a cake.  Then you deconstruct ( well actually smash) the cake and mix it with an icing ( any icing or frosting will do).  Then you roll it into balls, chill them, then pop in some sticks and dip in melted chocolate.


I made it into a weekend fun project as Saee was at home and boy did we have fun!! I managed to get only half the quantity of pops done as the other half was gobbled up by my sous chef.


You can use any cake recipe or even a packet mix is fine. Check out the great tutorial by Instructables here.

Oh and BTW they are supposed to look like cupcakes :).


No comments:

Post a Comment