Monday, March 19, 2012

Pastel Cake Pops

Posted by - Rena

As usual, I was standing in Michael's staring at pastel colored nonpareils. I had to have them.


I decided to make my pumpkin "fake cake" as my base. The cake is a can of pumpkin mixed with vanilla cake mix. The combination makes the most delicious cake ever with barely any calories. The cake is very moist because of the pumpkin so I didn't need to add much frosting. I really didn't need to add any but what fun would that be?

I dipped the cake balls in white candy melts which you can find at Michael's as well. I guess they are mostly for candy molding but they worked perfectly for the cake pops. I then dipped them in the nonpareils. They were mighty tasty!

I didn't realize how dark and fuzzy the pictures were until it was too late - meaning they were in my belly already - so you get vintage-looking photos. Imagine my mom making these with my help in the 70's while I'm wearing my patchwork overalls.


No comments:

Post a Comment