Friday, January 22, 2010

Rugelach Schmoogelach

Posted by - Tina

Tomorrow, there will be 35 screaming 4 year olds with one less sweet to eat because of me.

Grrrr...

(But only a little grrr, honestly. They'll have loads of cupcakes, so my guilt is limited.)

I used Michelle's Rugelach suggestion of the pre-made pastry, and thought I'd get all creative and do chocolate chip and raspberry. Well, they don't have chocolate chips at my local grocery store (?!?!?!) but I just got a huge bar of chocolate and cut it up. Cool. Then I got raspberry conserve. Yum.

I tried the first batch of 12 rolling them like little croissants. I made the 2nd batch like little jelly rolls.

Both batches ooooozed all the raspberry right out of them, which quickly chrystallized and got hard and sticky.

I ate one cookie from each batch and decided that I shouldn't subject children and strangers to somewhat yummy but REALLY UGLY very chewy cookies.

This one really frustrates me because I liked making these. I think I may try this again with crushed fresh raspberries and dark chocolate squares.

But that batch I will not promise to anyone. :)

Here are the croissant shaped ones. eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment