Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chocolate & Cranberry Rugelach

Posted by - jen @pieces of me

Anyone who makes these and does not go a bit bonkers and manages to make them look pretty and not have the kitchen be covered in flour is a ROCK STAR!

This was a challenge for sure!!

I used Joanne's recipe and advice as well as some advice from Sugar Plum Fairy. SO thank you ladies!

Cranberry & Chocolate Rugelach


Chocolate & Cranberry Rugelach


1 cup butter, room temp
8 oz cream cheese, room temp
1/2 cup sugar
2 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt

1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
raspberry preserves
dried cranberries
chocolate chips

I used one egg and some milk for the wash



Making these bad girls was time consuming and extremely MESSY!!
I think I had flour in my darn nose!!




The shapes did not come out as I would have liked them to but not bad. I made triangle ones and round ones, ha!

Food

They were so delicious and that is what matters so I am happy with that, but I have one disc left I could not make, I was so beat from the first one and my kitchen was HOT. Not sure what to do with the dough now. I really don't think I will ever make these again, sorry! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment