Saturday, February 11, 2012

Linzer biscuits with honey

Posted by Alida - My Little Italian Kitchen


Hello I am Alida and this is my first post! I am really excited!

I love Linzer biscuits but this is the first time I make them. I must say they are very nice and quite easy to make.
I have changed the recipe slightly and did not put any nuts in them and I tried using honey instead of sugar. The result was a nice crumbly biscuit with a delicate flavour.

Ingredients:

  • 250 g self raising flour
  • the zest of one lemon
  • a pinch of salt
  • 100 g sugar (or 3 tbsp of honey)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 125 g butter
  • 3 tbsp of red jam
  • icing sugar

Put the flour on your work top and make a small hole in the middle. Add the egg, salt, sugar,the softened butter cut into piecesWork quickly and shape it into a ball. Put it in the fridge for 20 minutes.

With a rolling pin roll the pastry flat about 1/2 cm thick and with a round pastry cutter cut some circles about 8 cm diameter.

On half of them, with a smaller pastry cutter, make a hole in the middle.

Cook at 200 C for about 10-15 minute until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and place the biscuits on a rack to cool.

Spread some jam on the biscuits without a hole and dust some icing sugar on the others. Then lay the two sides together like a sandwich.



No comments:

Post a Comment