Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Not my cake--but sharing anyway!

As mentioned, this is not my cake. It's my cousin's cake and yes, she's actually a baker who owns an actual bakery (The Flying Monkey in Reading Terminal Market). This is her new Pumpple Cake--apple and pumpkin pie baked into vanilla and chocolate cakes and held together with vanilla buttercream. It's taller than it is in diameter!



Anyway, the reason I am sharing is not only for inspiration, but because the Pumpple Cake is going to be featured on The Today Show this Friday (10/22) during the fourth hour--so you bakers can get extra inspiration and a few drool-worthy recipes!
I AM planning to make my layer cake, I promise! The little monster's birthday is on Tuesday and he's getting the layer cake of my choosing...

Posted by - Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment