Monday, August 30, 2010

Clean Out the Fridge Galette: Take 2


I tried posting this last week, but (as usual), my awesome computer crashed. So here's try number two.


Disclaimer: I am not a good baker. It's entirely too precise for me. I joined this blog so that I would be forced to try and bake something. Color me suprised when the recipe I found called for 1/2 a pie crust recipe, but it was okay to used store-bought crust! Score!


I admired all the delicious galettes over the past month, and in my laziness checked the status of our fridge. Pie crust: check! Fruit? bananas (YUCK!) and nectarines... Nectarines could work. And with the handy help of Google, I searched for "nectarine+galette" and came up with The Kitchen Illiterate's End of Summer Nectarine Galette. With a blog name like that, I knew this was my recipe!


1/2 pie crust recipe (I used a Wegmans crust)

3 ripe nectarines, pitted and sliced

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 tsp. ginger

1/2 tsp. vanilla


Mix fruit, sugar, and spices together. Roll pie crust out on cookie sheet. Pile fruit into the middle of crust (fanning optional, I opted not to). Fold crust over fruit in a beautiful manner of your choosing (mine is kind of pleated). Egg wash or sugar sprinkle optional (I opted for the sugar). Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
A fabulously easy recipe! DELICIOUS. Next time, I do think I will mix the ginger with the sugar and then add to the fruit, because there were some extra gingery pieces that I wasn't crazy about... Otherwise, awesome! I can't wait to try more galettes, I *almost* liked it better than pie...


Posted by -Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment