Thursday, November 26, 2009

Getting Over A Fear of Coconut


I spent a restless month.  Sometimes, it is a problem, being a team player because being one, means making a coconut cake even though I have been excused from duty and can make a plain cake.  All month, I came up with ideas.  Substitute nuts for the coconut.    What about some shredded carrot in the frosting?  Make a layer cake with white frosting - no one will eat it any more than if it had coconut.  This continued throughout the month.  Frustration reigned.

Yesterday, I checked in here to see what everyone was doing and you broke through my wall of confusion.  I knew what to do.  First, I must say I am thoroughly impressed with your creations.  I hope I did not miss making comments on each of yours because each one is special, in its own right.  I love that we take different roads to get to the end.  I certainly did.

Keep in mind, my cake has to be gluten free so I made it with a combination of rice flour, potato starch and tapioca flour.  I followed Paula Deen's recipe, replacing the flour with this combo.  I made 6 little bundts (thanks to Joanne) and finally, I made frosting for one.    Here is the story of my little cakes.







No comments:

Post a Comment